We are getting closer and closer to the end of the season and have many choices to make as to who deserves to be the NFL MVP. So in light of that here are your top 5 candidates for MVP right now ranked.
1. Peyton Manning- This play right here, from beginning to touchdown explains exactly why Manning is the front runner for MVP again. Did Tebow engineer some amazing come backs last year? Yes, but Peyton is the best coverage reading QB possibly in the history of the NFL and this entire play shows why he has made the Bronco’s an NFL joke into a legit Superbowl contender. Go on about Tebow all you want, but when the Bronco wide receivers said they had to learn how to run plays this year with Manning, it proves Tebow is too unconventional to run an NFL offense.
2. Adrian Peterson- AP All-Day is having one of the most astounding running back years I have ever witnessed. With 1,446, 8 TDs and an average of 6.2 yards per carry he is taking the running game to a new level. The depressing part is how Peterson is essentially the new Barry Sanders, a great running back who has no chance of winning a Superbowl outside of being traded.
3. Calvin Johnson- Despite being on the cover of Madden 13, Megatron has had a helluva year. With 1,428 receiving yards and averaging 16.6 yards per catch he is on fire. The problem is the Lions have been god-awful and Megatron only has 5 TDs this year, but that is attributed to the entire team issue and lack of any running game as well. The Madden curse technically lives on, but not through Megatron, but through the Detroit Lions.
4. The New York Jets- Why all of them? Because this has been the greatest circus on turf. From the GIF to the left of Mark Sanchez flat lining into his own linemen’s ass, to Tebow doing nothing but getting a headline for having 7 rushing yards in a game, to the defense of lack there of, it has been the funniest season in years. I haven’t laughed this hard since the Lions season of futility when they went 0-16 and Dan Orlovsky ran out of his own endzone for a safety. The Jets are truly the epitome of fail this year and why will they not start Tebow you ask? Easy. Tebow will cost them over $11 million if he plays too much. So please enjoy the LolJets whic hthey exist this year. They will be missed.
5. Rasheed Wallace- Before you question this realize that Sheed is the greatest NBA player ever. Right next to Brian “White Mamba” Scalabrine, Sheed is the premiere player of having little talent and not giving a single f–k at the same time. Sheed could care less about anything going on with the Knicks and remember, he did coin the term, “ball don’t lie” to a point to where he got kicked out of a game this year for continually repeating it. Sheed is greatness in all sports.